Welcome to Volunteer Services
You can make a difference!
Make a difference and become part of our dedicated team of volunteers for Lancaster General Health! For more than 100 years, Lancaster General has provided high quality healthcare for residents of Lancaster County and beyond. Our volunteers are a vital part of our healthcare team and have always been a special part of the warm, personal touch that LGH is known for. Our patients, families, guests and staff have benefited tremendously from the commitment of men and women who willingly serve our community.
Many thanks for your interest in volunteering your time with us! We appreciate your community spirit and look forward to welcoming you to Lancaster General Health.
Benefits to volunteering
As a volunteer you will develop and learn new skills and interests, make new friends, serve your community, and live a longer happier life, taking pleasure in knowing that you are helping others. In return for your generous gift of time, Lancaster General offers the following benefits to our volunteers:
- Reserved parking at the downtown hospital
- Complimentary meal ticket for every 50 hours of service
- Discounts for a wide variety of activities and services
- Substantial discount in our convenience pharmacy
- 20% meal discount in the hospital’s eateries
- Free annual flu shot
- Invitation to our annual Volunteer Recognition Event
- Volunteer Service Pins
- Volunteer Newsletter "Volunteers in General"
Requirements to become a volunteer
Volunteering for LGH requires a positive attitude and desire to serve others. Volunteers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Commit to 100 hours of volunteer service within a 12 month period of time and a weekly or bi-weekly schedule
- Be responsible, dependable, and reliable
- Be at least 18 years or older (students 16 years or older may qualify for our Student Volunteer Program)
- Be able to communicate clearly in English
- Complete an annual TB test, participate in on-going training and obtain a flu shot