Lancaster General Hospital
Lancaster General Hospital, the keystone of Lancaster General Health, began serving the needs of our community in December 1893 in a 3-story brick residence at 322 N. Queen St., Lancaster. Its mission was to deliver the best possible care to anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Lancaster General Hospital is now a 563-bed non-profit, community-based hospital located in Lancaster County, PA. Lancaster General is one of Pennsylvania’s busiest hospitals, doing more than 650,000 outpatient procedures annually. The hospital has more than 470 physicians and surgeons on active staff.
The hospital has a reputation of excellence and has been recognized with multiple distinctions and awards. It has been named as one of the top 100 hospitals in the U.S. and one of the Best Places to Work in PA. The Hospital has received special recognition for its orthopedics programs and outcomes, intensive care unit and cardiology services. The hospital has attained Magnet Hospital status, which is awarded after extensive review and evaluation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
For more than a century, Lancaster General Hospital has been a leader in healthcare. As diagnostic and treatment technologies grow more sophisticated, Lancaster General Hospital ensures that our community has access to the most advanced healthcare available.
Our psychologists and interns are periodically consulted to conduct pre and post high volume lumber puncture evaluations with patients being considered for NPH-related surgery.