Rehabilitation following orthopedic surgery or major multiple trauma is a very challenging and demanding experience. Our Orthopedic Program provides the specialized rehabilitation care and treatment needed for patients who have undergone total joint replacements or spinal surgery, sustained a hip fracture, or suffered a multiple orthopedic trauma.
Orthopedic conditions can leave patients with limited movement in their joints, loss of strength, and significant pain resulting in the inability to perform their self-care activities and daily routine.
The Orthopedic Program was established to assist our patients in setting and achieving their goals to maximize functional recovery. The program’s goal is to return the patient to the highest level of independence and functional lifestyle at home, their community and workplace. A combination of traditional and advanced treatment options are individually prescribed and delivered to every patient.
Goals of the Orthopedic Program
- Maintain health and prevent secondary medical complications
- Pain elimination and/or management
- Wound management
- Compliance with weight bearing and joint precautions
- Joint mobility and strength
- Progressive mobility skills
- Independence in self-care activities and daily routine with adaptive equipment as indicated
- Provide patient and family education and training
- Develop an integrated discharge plan with the patient and caregivers and arrange for community resource support
Rehabilitation Treatment Model
- Clinical Guidelines: Orthopedic specific clinical rehabilitation evaluation and treatment guidelines are followed by the team
- Clinical Protocols: The treatment protocols utilized by the rehab team in care delivery are continuously updated based on best clinical practices
Special Program Services
- Case management services to coordinate treatment
- Home accessibility evaluation and modification recommendations
- Independent living program
- Self-medication management program
- Community re-integration focused on community mobility
- Utilization of your surgeon’s prescribed treatment protocols