Locations > LG Health Physicians > Family Medicine > Walter L. Aument Family Health Center > Medical Home > Medical Home Information
A Long-term Approach for a Lifetime of Health
A medical home is a team of healthcare professionals who are focused on helping you stay healthy, treating acute illnesses and helping you manage chronic conditions, and coordinating any specialized care you might need for complex conditions. The team may include doctors and physician’s assistants, nurses and nurse practitioners, medical assistants, nutritionists and psychologists or social workers. The providers you see will depend on your needs at each visit.
Coordinated, quality care
A medical home streamlines access to all facets of the health care system. We coordinate all the service you need and act as your primary advocate. A medical home is designed to improve patient care while reducing healthcare costs. Medical homes consistently treat patients according to the best available scientific evidence and the principles defined by the largest primary care groups in the country, including the American College of Physicians, the Academy of Family Physicians and the Academy of Pediatrics. A practice must meet rigorous requirements to be recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving healthcare quality.
- Explain diseases, treatments and results in an easy to understand way.
- Keep your treatments, results and discussions confidential.
- Provide same-day appointments whenever possible.
- Provide electronic access to your medical information.
- End each visit ensuring you have a clear understanding about expectations, treatment goals and future plans.
- Ask questions and take an active role in your healthcare.
- Make healthy decisions about your daily habits and lifestyle.
- Take medication as prescribed and maintain appointments as scheduled.
- Be sure to leave our office with an understanding of expectations, treatment goals and future plans.
- Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns for all health needs unless an emergency. If you have an emergency, call 911.