Locations > LG Health Physicians > Surgical Services > Surgical Group > Services > General Surgery
General surgery may be used to treat a wide variety of problems. General surgery services focus on the abdominal/intestinal region, including the stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts, thyroid gland, skin and soft tissues.
We treat a wide range of conditions
- including abdominal (groin), umbilical (belly button) and hernias related to previous surgical incisions.
- appendicitis; cholecystitis, or gallbladder infection; diverticulitis, or infection in the colon, or large intestine; intestinal obstructions; cancers of the colon, rectum, stomach, small intestine or pancreas.
- disorders of the thyroid, parathyroid or adrenal glands.
- benign (noncancerous) diseases, including fibrocystic disease, fibroadenomas and breast cysts; breast cancer, including partial mastectomy (lumpectomy), mastectomy and needle biopsies.
- venous and arterial disease, including varicose veins, aneurysm and arterial insufficiency.
We use advanced techniques
When appropriate, we perform minimally invasive laparoscopic, robotic or endovascular procedures, which use smaller incisions and a video camera. Laparoscopic and robotic procedures, include the da Vinci® Surgical System, usually result in less pain and faster recovery than traditional open surgery.
Convenient locations close to home
We perform outpatient, or same-day, surgeries at Lancaster General Hospital, Women & Babies Hospital and at the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion. If your surgery requires a hospital stay, we perform inpatient surgery at Lancaster General Hospital and at Women & Babies Hospital.
Manage Your Health Online
Request an appointment
View test results
Email your doctor's office
Suburban Outpatient Pavilion
2104 Harrisburg Pike
Lancaster, PA 17601
Phone: (717) 544-3626
Fax: (717) 544-3628
Monday: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
After hours please call 717-544-3626.
A physician is on call 24/7 for emergencies.