Registered Nurses (RNs) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), as directed by the RN, assess your condition and work with your doctor to provide individualized care. This care helps to speed patients toward recovery after an operation or illness, provide care to aging or chronically ill patients, and relieve the stress for family members caring for their loved one.
Examples of Skilled Nursing services * :
- assessment of your physical condition
- teaching about your diagnosis and its treatment
- medication management, teaching, and supervision
- wound management and dressing changes
- wound management with Vacuum Assisted Closure (VAC) Therapy
- urinary catheter management
- ostomy management
- pain management
- infusion therapy
- maternal and child care
* Please note that some services may not be available at all locations
Your home health care plan may also include the use of a telehealth monitor. You will use this state-of-the-art equipment to monitor your vital signs, such as blood pressure, heart rate, weight, etc. and to take an active and important role in managing your own health.