Pediatric Diabetes Center
The Lancaster General Health Pediatric Diabetes Center provides comprehensive diabetes care for children and young adults 21 years and younger—at a single, convenient location. In this supportive, caring environment, children and young adults will receive quality care from a dedicated team of diabetes specialists:
- Diabetes nurse specialist (a certified diabetes educator)
- Registered dietitian (a certified diabetes educator)
Comprehensive care—and convenience
At the LG Health Pediatric Diabetes Center, you and the clinic team can address all of your child’s diabetes management needs in a single convenient location. The clinic features:
- Comprehensive education on nutrition, exercise, blood glucose monitoring and medication management
- Insulin pump management, including pre-pump training
- Continuous blood glucose monitoring
- Collaboration and support with school nurses throughout the region
- Family support
- Hemoglobin A1C testing on site using a finger-stick, with results in six minutes—ready to discuss with your clinic team
Visiting the clinic
Your primary care physician will refer you to the Pediatric Diabetes Clinic. Before your first clinic visit, a nurse and dietitian will conduct a baseline intake assessment. You will be scheduled to visit the clinic every three months. If necessary, you may also schedule additional educational visits with the nurse or dietitian.
Most major medical insurances and HMOs cover our services. For more information, call (717) 544-5923.