Pastoral Services is located in the James Street lobby on the first floor of the hospital next to the gift shop.
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
A chaplain is available 24 hours a day by pager and can be reached by calling the hospital operator.
- Open 24 hours a day
- Located by Pastoral Service Office
- To provide a ministry of spiritual and emotional support and presence to patients, families, and staff of Lancaster General Health.
- To promote a holistic approach to health and wellness, acknowledging the role of faith, religion, and spirituality in the healing process. This includes an approach to wellness which respects the spiritual, emotional, and psychological dimensions of healing within the context of caring relationships.
- To honor relationship-based care which respects the personhood of others as the cornerstone of comprehensive and compassionate healthcare. Our aim is to promote positive healthcare experiences for every patient.
- To provide pastoral care education and clinical training to seminarians, clergy and laity who are entering ministry or who desire to enhance existing ministries, as well as to prepare for careers in professional chaplaincy. Our Clinical Pastoral Education programs are accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education.