The Reception Pavilion
The first stop for both patients and visitors, this pavilion includes:
- Registration desk, offering directions, information and visitor’s badges for Maternity Center visitors
- Maternity triage area for assessment and testing
- The WBH café with beverages and snacks
- Gift shop with reading materials, gifts and toiletries for the convenience of patients, friends and family.
- Meditation area
- Outdoor play area for children of visiting families
- Carter's Corner, an indoor craft area for children
- Wireless internet service
The Women's Outpatient Pavilion
Outpatient Laboratory Services
Convenient on-site diagnostic laboratory services are available on the first floor Women’s Outpatient Pavilion. Services available include:
- Routine blood tests
- Pre-admission testing
- All other outpatient tests available at all LG Health Outpatient Centers
No appointment is necessary in most cases. Just visit the lab during scheduled hours:
Monday-Thursday, 6:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Friday, 6:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Expert Surgical Care
Expert surgical care is also provided at Women & Babies Hospital. In the Outpatient Pavilion is the admitting area for both inpatient and outpatient surgery, as well as the day surgery unit. Private pre- and post-surgery rooms are available for outpatient, same-day surgery.
The Women's Outpatient Pavilion also houses:
- Lancaster General Health Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists, offering care for high risk pregnancies
- Physical therapy services for treatment of:
- pelvic floor disorder
- prenatal and postpartum conditions
The Medical Office Building
Conveniently located in a three-story building next to Women & Babies Hospital is the Medical Office Building. Physician services include:
- obstetrics and gynecology
- family medicine
- gynecologic oncology, or women’s cancer specialists
- pediatric specialties, including pediatric cardiology
- Women’s Specialty Center
- Women's Heart Health Clinic
- Women’s Digestive Health
- Women’s Behavioral Health Counseling
The Delivery Pavilion
The Delivery Pavilion is home to Women & Babies Hospital’s Labor and Delivery Unit and related services. Highlights include:
- Spacious, private labor-and-delivery rooms large enough to host family members who wish to be present during the birth. Rooms include whirlpool tubs, showers and other amenities to assist the labor process.
- Surgical suites nearby for cesarean births and other women’s surgeries.
- A special post-anesthesia care area which allow women to recover from surgery in comfort.
- A six-bed Special Care Unit for mothers-to-be who experience pre-term labor or women with other general conditions requiring more intensive monitoring and care. Women with pre-term labor can be monitored with state-of-the-art equipment and medication can be administered if necessary.
- Lancaster County’s first Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for round-the-clock care for premature infants and newborns needing extra attention. Amenities include family sitting and visiting rooms, private breastfeeding areas, and overnight accommodations.
The Family Pavilion
In the Couplet Care Unit in the Family Pavilion, new mothers, babies and their families enjoy the first days of a new life together in one of our private post-birth rooms. This special unit offers:
- Spacious rooms that accommodate family and visitors
- Restaurant-style meal service, more like you’d find in a hotel than a hospital.
- Our exceptional nursing staff, applying a holistic healthcare approach to care for every need of mother and baby
- Two nurseries
- A family lounge with a small kitchen area