How do I get a copy of my medical records?
- You should address your request to Medical Record Services at Lancaster General Hospital.
- You must sign and complete an authorization form to obtain a copy of your medical records.
- You may complete the authorization in one of two ways:
- Come to the Medical Record Services office on the first floor of the hospital, 555 N. Duke St., Lancaster, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Print the attached Authorization to Use or Disclose Health Information (you will need Adobe Acrobat to view) and mail or fax it to:
Medical Record Services
Lancaster General Hospital
P.O. Box 3555
555 N. Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17604-3555
How can I get a copy of my own or my child's birth certificate?
- Lancaster General Health is not authorized to provide birth certificates.
- Copies can only be issued by the PA Department of Health Division of Vital Records. Their website contains details on how to obtain a copy of a birth certificate.
- Lancaster General Health can provide a Certification of Birth, which may meet your needs. To obtain a Certification of Birth, please follow the procedure described above in "How do I get a copy of my medical records?".
Is there a charge for copying my medical records?
- Lancaster General Health will provide ten copied pages free of charge for a patient's personal use. Requests that exceed ten pages will be charged at the rate established by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Medical records sent from Lancaster General to another health care provider will be sent free of charge.