Our goal is to manage the purchasing and distribution services for all departments and locations within Lancaster General. Our responsibilities include:
- To procure goods and services for all locations and departments.
- To assist internal departments throughout the procurement process, especially in providing pricing, product and supplier information.
- To evaluate market developments and buying trends to secure economies of scale and greater purchasing leverage.
- To secure competitive bids, when appropriate, in order to increase competition and obtain maximum value.
- To develop sources of supply to ensure that user departments have enough suppliers from which to obtain supplies, equipment, and services on a fair and competitive basis.
- To develop and promote long-term buyer/seller relationships.
We value you as a business partner. We hope this section of our site will help you to understand some of our expectations. We appreciate your cooperation, which will enhance your opportunity for success. Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please contact our Materials Management Corporate Office at 717-544-4990.
Lancaster General Hospital
555 North Duke Street
P.O. Box 3555
Lancaster PA 17604-3555
The Materials Management office business hours are 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays. We suggest that you make appointments with Buyers.
For further information click these links: