Thank you for considering volunteering at Lancaster General Health.
Explore a sampling of open opportunities for adults below, keeping in mind the amount of patient interaction you would like, as well as the amount of walking or stationary time required of each position. Shifts range from two to four hours and are scheduled on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Additional openings will be discussed at your placement interview. While we cannot guarantee that each person will receive his/her top choice, we will do our best to work with you to find a position that fits your skills.
Apply for a Volunteer Position
If you are interested in volunteering for us and have met our minimum requirements, download the volunteer application and 2 copies of the reference form.
Example opportunities include the following:
- Clerical Assistance
- Patient Wheelchair Transport
Note: Currently available volunteer positions include pediatric volunteers at Lancaster General Hospital, patient transporters, greeters, and companion visitors for patients with dementia. Due to an overwhelming response,our scheduled NICU Baby Cuddler positions are filled.
Volunteering for LGH requires a positive attitude and desire to serve others. Volunteers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Commit to 100 hours of volunteer service within a 12 month period of time and a weekly or bi-weekly schedule
- Be responsible, dependable, and reliable
- Be at least 18 years or older (students 16 years or older may qualify for our Student Volunteer Program)
- Be able to communicate clearly in English
- Complete medical testing, participate in on-going training and obtain a flu shot
- Attend a volunteer orientation
Please have each reference form completed by a non-relative who you have known for at least two years. We prefer references from an employer or places where you have previously volunteered.
Completed applications and references should be returned to:
Lancaster General Health
Department of Volunteer Services
555 North Duke Street
P.O. Box 3555
Lancaster, PA 17604