Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has protocols in place to maximize the safety of all who enter our facilities. These safety protocols include limiting visitors to accompany patients to appointments or see them in the hospital.
We will continue to evaluate our visitation policies in order to balance the needs of our patients and families with the need to limit exposure to COVID-19. We also ask that if you are coming to visit or accompany a patient that you go directly to the room or area where care is occurring and you remain there during that time. There should be no unnecessary travel around in LG Health facilities.
Patients are allowed to have visitors in the following special circumstances:
- Labor and delivery, including postpartum, patients: One healthy partner/support person to stay the duration of the visit.
- Neonatal intensive care and pediatric patients: One healthy parent, entering the facility one time per day.
- Disabled or special needs patients: For outpatients, one healthy support person that is essential to patient care can attend the appointment. For inpatients, the nursing staff and patient will determine when unmet needs require a support person to be with the patient at all times.
- Non-COVID critical care patients: One healthy visitor for one hour per day.
- Patients coming for a scheduled procedure that requires anesthesia or sedation: One healthy companion to stay with patient or in waiting area until procedure completed. If a patient is admitted after procedure, the companion may accompany them to their room for 30 minutes.
- End-of-life patients: Two healthy visitors, each for one hour per day.
- Discharge patients: One healthy visitor to assist in discharge process.
- Emergency Department patients: One healthy visitor to stay the duration of the visit. If patient is admitted, a visitor may accompany them to their room for 30 minutes.
- Visitors under the age of 12 are not permitted.
When entering a LG Health facility, all patients and visitors are required to complete a health screening, which may include having your temperature checked and answering questions about your health. Any visitor who is sick or has a high risk of prior exposure will not be permitted to enter any hospital or facility under any circumstances.
To help maintain a healthy environment, we are requiring all patients and visitors to wear a face covering or mask at all times. In addition to covering your face, you should practice social distancing and try to restrict your mobility as much as possible. Please wear your personal mask upon arriving at any LG Health facility.
The COVID-19 outbreak presents us with frequently evolving circumstances, and our visitation policies are subject to change based on the current situation. We recommend you check with your care team or local facility before you arrive.