A third-party fundraising activity is any fundraising activity or event hosted by a non-affiliated group or individual in which the Lancaster General Health Foundation, Lancaster General Health, or any of their respective entities have no fiduciary responsibility and little or no staff involvement.
The path to launching a third-party fundraising activity typically begins with an idea and plan of action presented to the Lancaster General Health Foundation. The group or individual must complete an application and submit a signed third-party contract. Upon careful review, we will assist potential organizers in examining a variety of factors to determine if the proposed activity is viable.
All third-party fundraising activities must be approved by the Lancaster General Health Foundation in advance. This is an important safeguard to preserving the integrity of the Lancaster General Health Foundation name and our commitment to raise the funds necessary to fulfill our mission in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Activity Sponsor
While we are able to provide guidance for your activity, we do not have the personnel to handle the organizational and administrative tasks associated with third-party fundraising activities.
Therefore, the activity sponsor is responsible for activity details including:
- Underwriting all related costs
- Recruiting volunteers to help with the activity
- Creating marketing materials to publicize the activity
- Working at the actual activity or event
- Obtaining necessary permits/licenses for the activity
- Managing all aspects of the fundraising activity
- Promoting the event in the community and with local media (if appropriate)
Lancaster General Health Foundation Support
We can assist in the following ways:
- Arrange for a representative to attend an initial planning committee meeting to review our third-party fundraising guidelines and discuss designation of a gift to Lancaster General Health
- Grant permission for use of the Lancaster General Health Foundation and/or related-entity name, if reviewed and approved on documents, web pages, etc. prior to publication
- Arrange for a post-event check presentation/photo opportunity (pending schedule availability)
- Provide limited brochures, pamphlets and other informational material about Lancaster General Health with 30 days advance notice
- Arrange for an Lancaster General Health representative to attend the third-party event (pending schedule availability)
Our Policies and Procedures:
- No party may use the Lancaster General Health Foundation, or any related entity name or logo or otherwise indicate to the public that a fundraising activity is being held for the benefit of Lancaster General Health Foundation, without the prior express written consent of the Special Events Coordinator.
- The official logo of Lancaster General Health Foundation or any related entity should be appropriately used in conjunction with such a fundraising activity and may not be altered in any way. Any use of the Lancaster General Health Foundation, or any related entity logo must adhere to established graphic standards.
- Lancaster General Health Foundation must review and approve all promotional materials including, but not limited to, advertising, letters, brochures, flyers and press releases prior to production or distribution.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds and/or the portion of the ticket price that will benefit Lancaster General Health Foundation or its related entities.
- Under no circumstances can third party fundraising activity revenues or expenses flow through Lancaster General Health Foundation books. Only the net amount (final net proceeds from activity) should be processed by Lancaster General Health Foundation.
- Under no circumstances will the Lancaster General Health Foundation allow the organization/sponsor to set up a temporary bank account in Lancaster General Health Foundation’s name.
- A check made payable to the Lancaster General Health Foundation will be submitted within 30 days following the activity date specified or such other interval as agreed to by Lancaster General Health Foundation. Requests for check presentations with a LG Health representative will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The Lancaster General Health Foundation should receive a list of targeted sponsors for the fundraising activity, before they are approached, to minimize overlap with other Lancaster General Health Foundation sponsored events.
- The Lancaster General Health Foundation office can provide limited brochures, pamphlets and other informational materials, promoting and explaining Lancaster General Health, its goals and accomplishments. Advance notice of 30 days is needed to request materials for the event.
- Organizers are responsible for obtaining all permits especially those for raffles and/or games of chance.
- Organizers must obtain their own liability insurance to cover the fundraising activity.
- Lancaster General Health Foundation is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third-party fundraising activities.
- The organizer of the fundraising activity that is the subject of this Agreement shall indemnify and hold harmless Lancaster General Health Foundation, Lancaster General Health, and their respective officers, directors, and employees, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, fines and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of any claims or suits, or threats of suits which may be brought against Lancaster General Health Foundation for any reason in connection with the fundraising activity and including but not limited to: (i) the organizers’ breach of obligations under this Agreement including the organizers’ obligations to comply with applicable law, (ii) the organizers dealing with any third parties including third party contractors, (iii) any unauthorized use by the organizers of Lancaster General Health Foundation’s name, logo, or other proprietary symbols or information, or any unauthorized verbal presentations, or (iv) any negligence or willful misconduct by the organizers or its employees, contractors, or agents. The organizers’ obligations hereunder shall survive the termination of this Agreement. The organizers shall retain insurance sufficient to cover any personal injury experienced by their staff, volunteers, participants or anyone else involved in the fundraising activity or related pre or post activities, and it is understood that Lancaster General Health Foundation will be absolved of any such liability. Lancaster General Health Foundation will not be held liable for any injury to or actions by the organizers, their staff or volunteers, any fundraising activity participants or anyone else involved in the activity or any related pre or post activities, resulting in any claims of liability during the activity or during any related pre or post activities.
- Lancaster General Health Foundation reserves the right to withdraw the use of its name at any time.
- If the fundraising activity is cancelled or rescheduled, the organizer will notify Lancaster General Health Foundation as soon as possible.
- Requests for LG Health representation at the event will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- This Agreement shall be terminated at any time if any aspects of the fundraising activity are determined to be in conflict with the mission of Lancaster General Hospital or its related entities or if any terms of this Agreement are violated by the sponsoring organization.