From Jeffrey L. Martin, M.D., LG Health Medical Director, IT Operations and Adoption
Jeffrey L. Martin, M.D.
On May 22, LG Health successfully implemented the 2015 Epic Upgrade, along with ICON (Infection Control Module).
- Visual changes to Chart Review activity, with increased options to personalize/customize
- Addition of new Chart Review quick filters
- Updated dashboard appearances for Ambulatory
- Notification of similar problems when adding to problem list (reduces duplication/redundancy)
- Improved ease of resolution of a problem and addition to medical history
- Centralized location (LDA tab) to review information about LDAs across encounters
- Integrated emergency contacts with the healthcare agent for advance care planning
- Epic printing no longer supported from non-network, personal computers. Network printers must be used.
Providers are encouraged to report any issues or educational requests related to the 2015 Upgrade to the IS Help Desk (technical), 544-HELP, or the Provider Resource Center (clinical), 544-9999.
LG Health Medical Staff Credentialing
All Medical & Dental Staff members who use e-Health for inpatient functions will be required to take a two-hour e-Health refresher course as part of the re-credentialing process. This includes providers who round or operate at Lancaster General Hospital, Women & Babies Hospital and all LG Health surgical areas, including the Suburban Pavilion.
The course will focus on:
- Preventing errors and ensuring patient safety/improving quality
- Level-setting documentation and ordering processes
- Re-emphasizing clinical documentation standards
- Improving user efficiency and satisfaction
Providers have received email instructions on how to sign up for the courses, which will be offered from July to September. Providers who are being re-credentialed in 2016 (all medicine and medicine specialties, family medicine and pediatrics) must attend the course by Oct. 1. Providers who are due for re-credentialing in 2017 will receive more information next year.
Please contact Dr. Jeffrey L. Martin, email@example.com, with any questions.