Mark Your Calendar for March Family Fun Day
Save the date for a Family Fun Day, 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, March 28, at Decades, 438 N. Queen St. Lancaster. Activities will include bowling and arcade games. More details to come.
Advanced Practice Clinicians Honored with Annual Awards
Lancaster General Hospital’s Joint Advanced Practice Council presented its annual awards Oct. 29. The winners are shown below with Ashley Kliewer, PA-C, Director, Advanced Practice.
Maribeth LeBreton, CRNP, Recognized as Nightingale Award Finalist
Each year, the Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania honors exceptional nurses practicing in the Commonwealth. This year, Lancaster General Health was proud to have Maribeth LeBreton, CRNP, represent the health system as a finalist.
LeBreton, Managing Clinician at LG Health Physicians Care Connections, was recognized in the Advanced Practice RN category. LeBreton attended the Nightingale Award Gala in Harrisburg in early November, where she was recognized for her extraordinary contributions to the nursing profession.
LG Health Clinicians Present at State Physician Assistant Conference
In October, physician assistants from all over the state gathered in Lancaster for the annual conference of the Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants. Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health was well-represented, with CME presentations by five clinicians:
- Caitlyn McNaughton, PA-C, LG Health Physicians Hematology and Medical Oncology: “Tipping the Scale on Hemostasis”
- Michael J. Sasso, M.D., LG Health Physicians Infectious Diseases: “Adverse Consequences of Reported Penicillin Allergy”
- James A. Groff, D.O., Hypertension and Kidney Specialists: “Clinical Vignettes of Common Nephrology Consultations”
- Shakeel Amanullah, M.D., Pulmonary Associates of Lancaster: “Managing All that Wheezes – Asthma and COPD”
- Josh Butler, PA-C, LG Health Physicians Hospitalists: “Leadership: What’s in a Personality”
In addition, LG Health participated in the conference’s exhibit hall, recruiting PAs to join us and highlighting our recognition as a 2019-2020 American Academy of PA’s Center for Healthcare Leadership and Management Employer of Excellence award winner.