You and your team are invited to participate in Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health’s 2019 Patient Safety Fair. This year’s theme is “Be Stronger Together: Patient Safety is a Team Sport.”
The fair will be held at the following locations and times:
- Lancaster General Hospital, Stager Conference Center: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 16
- Women & Babies Hospital, Large Conference Room: 2 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday,April 17
- BURLE, Conference Room 1: 9 to 10:30 a.m. Friday,April 19
Your team is invited to display examples of efforts designed to enhance the safety of patients and our workplace. We encourage you to engage staff champions in the fair and encourage creativity and innovation in displaying your initiatives and results.
Examples may include but are not limited to:
- The use of innovation to improve patient safety
- Enhancements to security systems
- Infection Control improvements
- Processes to enhance medication delivery
- Methods to proactively identify safety risks
- Measures to monitor and control plant and facility safety
- Use of A3’s for communication, teamwork or other patient safety issues you have incorporated into your huddles
Poster boards are available in the Patient Safety Office. To reserve a spot for your display, or if you have any questions, please contact Kayla Cook, 717-544-1016. Please refer to the Patient Safety and Quality StarNet site for photos of previous displays and additional site-specific details.