The LG Health Board of Trustees has approved the following new Department Chairs and Division Chiefs:
- Bruce E. King, M.D., Chair of the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Dr. King, who practices at Lancaster General Hospital, previously served as Vice Chair of the Department.
- George Galanis, M.D., Chair of the Department of Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging. Dr. Galanis, who previously served as Vice Chair of the Department, practices at Lancaster Radiology Associates.
- Shanthi Sivendran, M.D., Chief of the Division of Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Sivendran has practiced at LGHP Hematology & Medical Oncology since 2011.
- James A. Groff, D.O., Chief of the Division of Nephrology. Dr. Groff is Managing Partner of Hypertension and Kidney Specialists.
- Jeffrey A. Davis, M.D., Chief of the Division of Otorhinolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery. Dr. Davis practices at Rosenfeld Belser & Davis ENT.
Dr. Asha Zacharia Named Medical Director of Neonatology
Asha Zacharia, M.D., was named Medical Director of Neonatology for Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health and CHOP Newborn Care Network, effective Nov. 1. In this new role, Dr. Zacharia is responsible for advancing neonatal care in collaboration with the Pediatric Service Line leadership team, which includes Executive Director Michelle Schori and Director of Nursing Alyssa Livengood Waite.
Dr. Zacharia joined Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and LG Health in 2018, as a neonatologist attending at Women & Babies Hospital. She currently leads the LGH participation in the Vermont Oxford Network i NICQ quality consortium addressing Critical Transitions In and Out of Neonatal Care.
Dr. Jennifer Collins named LGHP Chief Well-Being Officer
Jennifer Collins, PsyD, has been named the first Chief Well-Being Officer for Lancaster General Health Physicians. In her new role, Dr. Collins will develop and oversee a strategy for improving clinician well-being and engagement within LGHP. Her responsibilities will include chairing the Wellness Committee.
Dr. Collins will continue her clinical practice at LGHP Neuropsychology, where she has served as a full-time clinical psychologist since 2011.
LG Health Team Wins Trauma Research Competition
A team led by Michael Horst, Ph.D., LG Health Director of Research Biostatistics, placed first in a research competition at the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation’s fall conference. The winning paper was titled “The Geriatric Trauma Patient: A Neglected Individual in a Mature Trauma System.”
Co-authors include Tawnya Vernon; Eric Bradburn, D.O.; Alan Cook, MD; Madison Morgan; Tamer Shtayyeh, D.O.; and Frederick Rogers, M.D. The study was funded in part by the Louise von Hess Medical Research Institute.
Download the study overview and results.
LG Health also placed second in the poster competition for “An Analysis of Overtriage and Undertriage by Advance Life Support Transport in a Mature Trauma System.” Co-authors include Austin Yoder and Brian Gross; Drs. Bradburn, Cook and Rogers; and Vernon and Morgan.