The new 17-bed Seraph-McSparren Pediatric Inpatient Center at Lancaster General Hospital has opened to patients.
The new Pediatric Inpatient Center is a beautifully designed, child-friendly space for children, with family-centered comforts and amenities, state-of-the-art technology, and unique services that will significantly enhance the patient experience and make a hospital stay less stressful and disruptive to children and parents. The 20,000-sq.-ft. center occupies the entire fourth floor of the LGH Frederick Building, enabling 300 additional families a year to remain close to home for high-quality pediatric care.
“We look forward to providing the best health-care experience possible to the children of our community,” said Jan Bergen, President and CEO of LG Health. “The new state-of-art Pediatric Inpatient Center will help provide a comforting space for children and their families as they go through a difficult time.”
The new Pediatric Inpatient Center includes:
- Larger size, all-private rooms
- Family support while away from home and work, including sleeping accommodations, meditation and personal computer work space, a kitchenette, shower, and laundry facilities
- The Ronald McDonald Hospitality Kiosk creates a welcoming environment, offering nourishing snacks, drinks, health and beauty aids, small activities and a place of respite for families
- Expanded family waiting area and an activity zone for children and teens to relax and enjoy age-appropriate, interactive entertainment options
- Interactive environmental elements that incorporate STEM themes in play walls and in-room activity
Learn more about the Pediatric Inpatient Center.