The Lancaster General Health Orthopedic Center offers a team and facility dedicated exclusively to orthopedic care. More than 5,000 orthopedic inpatient and day surgeries and procedures are performed at the Orthopedic Center each year, from total joint replacements to hand and wrist procedures. We work with you and your orthopedic surgeon—before, during and after your surgery—to create a comfortable, seamless experience, and the fastest, safest recovery possible.
An Exceptional Joint Replacement Experience
With the right treatment in the right setting, you can achieve freedom from pain.
Take a Tour: Joint Replacement Experience
Take a virtual tour to get an in-depth look at the process of having a joint replacement procedure at the LG Health Orthopedic Center.
A Unique Center Devoted Exclusively to Orthopedic Care
Every detail of the Orthopedic Center was designed with your well-being in mind:
- Designated parking lot, a personal greeter, and private elevators
- Dedicated unit exclusively for orthopedic patients and families, including waiting areas and consult rooms, operating suites, private patient rooms, and a comprehensive orthopedic therapy gym
- Dedicated staff, passionate about orthopedics, and specially trained to care for you every step of the way
- Advanced technology and the latest procedures for your surgery, pain management and recovery
- Holistic treatments like Reiki, massage, music therapy and aromatherapy to enhance healing
- Online exercise videos to help you prepare for surgery and recover more quickly
- Complimentary joint replacement classes
- Orthopedic physicians in the Lancaster area have surgical privileges at the Orthopedic Center at Lancaster General Hospital
Types of Procedures
A wide variety of surgeries and procedures using the latest technology are performed at the Orthopedic Center, including:
- Arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery of the shoulder, hip or knee
- Arthritis treatment
- Fracture care
- Hand, wrist, elbow
- Joint replacement (hip, knee, shoulder, ankle)
- Ligament reconstruction
- Nerve injury
- Orthopedic oncology surgeries
- Sports-related orthopedic procedures
Both day surgeries (no overnight stay) and inpatient surgeries are performed at our center.
Care You Can Trust
Located at Lancaster General Hospital, the Orthopedic Center is among the most trusted and recognized in the region for joint replacement and orthopedic care. More than 5,000 procedures are performed each year, the most of any hospital in the Penn Medicine system.
- Rated “high performing” in hip and knee replacement surgeries and orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report
- Gold Seal of Approval® certification by The Joint Commission for Joint Replacement–Hip, Joint Replacement–Knee, and Hip Fracture
- Geriatric Fracture Care Program achieved highest level of certification from the International Geriatric Fracture Society
- Magnet® recognition, nursing’s highest honor, by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
In This Section...
Our dedicated team focused on your success: before, during and after orthopedic surgery.
Our collaborative team approach to orthopedic surgery focuses on providing our patients with an exceptional experience and a fast recovery.
Designating a family member or friend to act as your “coach” can help to provide support during your surgical experience.