Good 'n healthy Microwave Baked Corn
November 15, 2018
Simply delicious. Tried and true. Our Baked Corn recipe is made in the microwave to free up oven space for other holiday dishes.
Preparing a holiday feast takes a lot of juggling, between the baked yams, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey, stuffing and any other traditional dishes your family enjoys.
In 20 minutes or less, our Baked Corn recipe can be assembled, popped in the microwave and ready to serve. It comes out perfect every time, and is the perfect compliment for your holiday gathering.
Preparation time: 8-10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 cans (14.75 oz) creamed corn
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Several tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill for garnish, optional
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl, except for the butter and dill.
- Pour mixture into 1 ½ quart microwave-safe casserole dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Scatter butter over casserole and microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes. Stir mixture and microwave another 5 minutes. Sprinkle with dried or fresh dill if desired and serve.
Note: If preparing to serve later, leave at room temperature then reheat for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Makes 8, ½ cup servings.
The recipe can be doubled or tripled for larger groups.
Per ½ cup serving: 137.5 calories; 4.8g total fat (2.7g saturated; 0.2g polyunsaturated, 1.1g monounsaturated); 606.0mg sodium; 11.7mg cholesterol; 19.8g carbohydrate; 12.5g sugars; 0.9g fiber; 2.9g protein; 3.0mg potassium.