Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health places the health and safety of our patients, community and staff at the forefront of everything we do. As a community leader, we acted swiftly when the COVID-19 pandemic struck. Before cases appeared in the U.S., we began planning and preparing with our Penn Medicine colleagues.
Now our focus is on ensuring that you get the care you can no longer delay.
We are taking a staged approach with services at all our locations. This includes Lancaster General Hospital, Women & Babies Hospital and our many LG Health Physician practices and outpatient locations.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are ready to care for you and your loved ones. We have put many safety measures in place, such as:
- Face masks required for all patients and visitors over the age of two, and staff
- Frequent, deep cleaning of our clinical areas based on CDC guidelines
- Reconfigured spaces to allow for social distancing
- COVID-19 symptom screening for all patients prior to their visits. We screen our employees daily
- Dedicated COVID-19 units at Lancaster General Hospital. These units are apart from other patient-care areas, allowing for enhanced infection control
- Limits on visitors to lower the risk of infection to patients and staff
Our leaders regularly assess to ensure our ability to safely treat not only our patients with COVID-19, but all of those who need our care. We care for many—from expectant moms, babies and children, to patients in treatment for cancer, to visitors in our Emergency Room and Urgent Care locations.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health values the trust you place in us. We will continue to provide the safe, quality care that you rely on.