Donating blood is the simplest way to help neighbors in need. LG Health sponsors community blood drives each month throughout Lancaster County. Blood that is collected stays in Lancaster County to benefit members of our community.
LG Health Blood Donor Center encourages people to donate blood and platelets as often as possible – and especially during the winter holidays when donations typically drop due to busy schedules.
The LG Health Blood Donor Center is offering a special thank you gift to blood donors through Jan. 31.
January 2019 blood drives dates and locations:
- Thursday, January 3: Women and Babies Hospital, 690 Good Drive, Lancaster 1-6 pm
- Tuesday, January 8: Bart Fire Company, 11 Furnace Rd, Quarryville 2-7 pm
- Wednesday, January 9: Caernarvon Fire Company, 2145 Main St, Churchtown, 2-7pm
- Thursday, January 10: Yoder’s Market, 14 S Tower Rd, New Holland, 2-7p.m.
- Tuesday, January 15: Universal Athletic Club, 2323 Oregon Pike, Lancaster, 8am-2pm
- Thursday, January 17: East Fairview Church, 1187 Fairview Rd, Manheim, 2-7pm
- Wednesday, January 16: Universal Athletic Club, 2323 Oregon Pike, Lancaster, 2pm-8pm
- Tuesday, January 22: LGH, 555 N. Duke St., 3rd Floor Balcony James St., Lancaster, 7am-2pm
- Thursday, January 24 Alliance Church of E-town, 465 Cloverleaf Rd, Elizabethtown, 2-7 pm
- Wednesday, January 30: Millersville Community UMC, 163 W Frederick St, 2-7 pm
Community members may also self-schedule appointments to donate at the Lancaster General Health Blood Donor Center in the Suburban Outpatient Pavilion, 2104 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, by calling 544-0170 and choosing option #1, or visit our blood donor center page.
Hours at the Donor Center are Mondays 10am to 7:30pm, Tuesdays & Thursdays 8am to 4pm, and Wednesdays & Fridays 8am to 6pm. Walk-ins welcome, appointments accepted at the donor center. Donors must be at least 16 years of age, weigh 110 pounds or more, be in good health (allergy, flu, cold & nausea symptom-free for at least 3 days before donation), be well hydrated the day before and the day of donating, eat a healthy meal within 4 hours before donating and bring a form of ID (ex: donor card, driver license, work ID with photo).