Due to the heightened risk that COVID-19 poses to cancer patients, we are not generally permitting visitors to accompany patients to the Ann B Barshinger Cancer Institute.
Visitors are not permitted at this time other than the following limited exceptions:
- Patient’s first visit with a physician at the Cancer Institute (New Patient Visit)
- If a physician has pre-approved a patient to bring a visitor to an upcoming clinic visit
- First time meeting with physician only
There are no exceptions in the following areas:
Patients with special circumstances are allowed one visitor:
- Pediatric patients
- Cognitive impairment requiring a constant companion
Visitors who that have been pre-approved must comply with the following regulations:
- All visitors must wear a mask. If a visitor is unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition, they will not be able to accompany the patient.
- Visitors with confirmed COVID-19, under investigation for COVID-19, or in recent contact with a COVID-19 patient may not enter
- Visitors must not have any active COVID-19 symptoms and must pass through a clinical screening before entering
- Visitors must remain with the patient at all times and immediately leave the facility after the visit