Rehabilitation following orthopedic surgery or major multiple trauma is a challenging and demanding experience. Our orthopedic program provides specialized rehabilitation care and treatment for patients who have undergone total joint replacements or spinal surgery, sustained a hip fracture, or suffered a multiple orthopedic trauma.
Orthopedic conditions can leave patients with limited movement in their joints, loss of strength, and significant pain resulting in the inability to perform their self-care activities and daily routine.
Our program helps you set and achieve goals to maximize functional recovery so you can return to the highest possible level of independence and function. A combination of traditional and advanced treatment options are individually prescribed and delivered to every patient.
Goals of the Orthopedic Program
- Maintain health and prevent secondary medical complications
- Pain elimination and/or management
- Wound management
- Compliance with weight bearing and joint precautions
- Joint mobility and strength
- Progressive mobility skills
- Independence in self-care activities and daily routine with adaptive equipment as indicated
- Provide patient and family education and training
- Develop an integrated discharge plan with the patient and caregivers and arrange for community resource support
Rehabilitation Treatment Model
- Clinical Guidelines: Orthopedic-specific clinical rehabilitation evaluation and treatment guidelines are followed by the team
- Clinical Protocols: The treatment protocols utilized by the rehab team in care delivery are continuously updated based on best clinical practices
Special Program Services
- Case management services to coordinate treatment
- Home accessibility evaluation and modification recommendations
- Independent living program
- Self-medication management program
- Community re-integration focused on community mobility
- Utilization of your surgeon’s prescribed treatment protocols