How Do I Get a Copy of My Medical Records?
- MyLGHealth is a secure website that allows patients participating in the program online access their medical records online.
- If you prefer not to sign up for My LGHealth please see the following instructions:
- You must sign and complete an authorization form to obtain a copy of your medical records.
- You may complete the authorization in one of two ways:
- Come to the Medical Record Services office on the first floor of the hospital, 555 N. Duke St., Lancaster, between the hours of 8:30 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Print the Authorization to Use or Disclose Health Information form. You will need Adobe Acrobat to view this PDF.
- Mail or fax this form to:
Medical Record Services
Lancaster General Hospital
PO Box 3555
555 N. Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17604
How Can I Get a Copy of My Own or My Child's Birth Certificate?
- Lancaster General Health is not authorized to provide birth certificates.
- Copies can only be issued by the PA Department of Health Division of Vital Records. Their website contains details on how to obtain a copy of a birth certificate.
- Lancaster General Health can provide a Certification of Birth, which may meet your needs. To obtain a Certification of Birth, please follow the procedure described above in "How do I get a copy of my medical records?"
Is There a Charge for Copying My Medical Records?
- Lancaster General Health will provide 10 copied pages free of charge for a patient's personal use. Requests that exceed 10 pages will be charged at the rate established by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The charge will not exceed $40.00 for up to 100 pages.
- Medical records sent from Lancaster General Health to another health care provider will be sent free of charge.