Making the decision to stop smoking, vaping or using any form of nicotine is one of the best steps you can take for your health. It isn’t easy, but the benefits are numerous.
Lancaster General Health is working to reduce tobacco use in Lancaster County. We can help you understand your addiction and create a personalized plan to help you as you start your journey to quit nicotine.
LG Health Programs for Quitting Tobacco
- Freedom from Smoking Group Classes: This free program was developed by the American Lung Association and has helped thousands of smokers quit for good. During this 6 week class you’ll be given the tools and support to develop a personalized quit plan. FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy (patch, gum and lozenge) is available as grant funding allows. Click here and search for "Freedom from Smoking" or call 717-544-3278 to register.
- Quit Nicotine Coaching: FREE one-on-one sessions with a counselor are available by appointment only. The weekly 30-minute sessions (minimum of 4 sessions) will focus on developing a personalized quit plan. FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy (patch, gum and lozenge) is available as grant funding allows. Appointments are held at the Wellness Center, Lancaster General Health Suburban Pavilion, 2100 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster. Call 717-544-3278 for more information or to register.
- Telephone Coaching: FREE quit nicotine coaching sessions available with a counselor by appointment only. Weekly conversations (minimum 4 sessions) will focus on developing a personalized quit plan. FREE Nicotine Therapy (patch, gum, lozenge) as grant funding allows. Call 717-544-3278 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
While quitting tobacco can be difficult, you can increase your chance of success with help. Please visit our resources for free, evidence-based information and support:
- PA Quit Line – When you call, a trained quitting coach will help you get started on the path to becoming smoke-free. Self-help materials and access to FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy will be available as grant funding allows.
- Smokefree.gov – Support, tips, tools, and expert advice to quit smoking.
- Become An Ex – Smoking cessation program developed with help from Mayo Clinic
- This is Quitting – Text DITCHJUUL to 88709 for a text to quit program for teens to quit vaping. Parents of vapers can text QUIT to 1-202-899-7550.
- Quitter’s Circle – Free phone quit app. Enter code: LGH