Making the decision to stop smoking or using any form of tobacco is one of the best steps you can take for your health. It isn’t easy, but the benefits are numerous and you don’t have to do it alone.
Lancaster General Health, The Tobacco Free Coalition of Lancaster County, and LiveWELL Lancaster County Coalition are working to reduce tobacco use in Lancaster County. Through your choice of group classes or individual counseling, we can help you learn how to develop a personalized plan to manage your cravings and quit tobacco for good.
LG Health Programs for Quitting Tobacco
- Freedom from Smoking Group Classes: If you’d like to join a group with others who are also trying to quit, consider this free program that was developed by the American Lung Association and has helped thousands of smokers to quit for good. Through this class you’ll be given the tools and support to develop a personalized quit plan. FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy is available as grant funding allows. Click here and search "Freedom from Smoking."
- One-on-One Tobacco Coaching: Do you need more personalized help to quit tobacco? FREE one-on-one sessions with a counselor are available by appointment only. The weekly 30-minute sessions (minimum of 4 sessions) will focus on developing a personalized quit plan. FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy is available as grant funding allows. Appointments are held at the Wellness Center, Lancaster General Health Suburban Pavilion, 2100 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster.
Community Programs for Quitting Tobacco
- Quitter’s Circle Coming Soon
- PA Quit Line: Call 800-QUIT-NOW (800-784-8669), or visit PA Quit Line. When you call, a trained quitting coach will ask you a series of questions about your tobacco use and help you get started on the path to becoming smoke-free. Self-help materials and access to FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy will be available as grant funding allows.
- Tobacco-Free Coalition of Lancaster County: The coalition works to improve the health of our residents by significantly reducing the use of tobacco products and exposure to tobacco smoke pollution. Our goals are to prevent young people from using tobacco, provide resources for people to quit tobacco use, and eliminate tobacco smoke pollution. Learn more about the Tobacco-Free Coalition of Lancaster County or call 717-544-3223.
Tobacco Prevention Programs
While quitting tobacco can be difficult, you can increase your chance of success with help. Please visit our resources for free, evidence-based information and support:
National Resources for Support and Education