Penn Medicine Home Health offers exceptional nursing and rehabilitative services in the comfort of your home. Our skilled and compassionate team of nurses, therapists, social workers and staff provide a variety of services to help you heal, recover, or remain independent. We serve clients throughout southeastern Pennsylvania.
Skilled Nursing Care: Our registered nurses (RN) and licensed practical nurses (LPN) assess your condition and work with your physician to provide individualized care.
- Teach you about your diagnosis and treatment
- Monitor your response to medicines and teach you how to manage them yourself
- Provide wound care and dressing changes
- Treat wounds with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT)
- Manage the use of urinary catheters
- Provide ostomy management
- Help you manage your pain
- Provide infusion and chemotherapy
Rehabilitation Therapy: Our team of therapists helps you regain functional abilities that allow you to return to your normal routine.
- Physical therapists (PT) help you improve muscle strength, regain functional movement, relieve pain, and properly use medical equipment.
- Occupational therapists (OT) help you regain your ability or learn new ways to perform everyday activities, such as bathing, dressing, or preparing meals.
- Speech therapists (ST) help you improve overall communication and swallowing abilities.
Medical Social Work: Our medical social workers help you and your caregivers manage and overcome difficult circumstances related to changes in health and recovery.
- Help you cope with the emotional stress of an accident or illness
- Work with you to arrange for financial assistance
- Connect you with community resources, such as your county’s Area Agency on Aging or Meals on Wheels, so you can continue to receive the help you need
Telehealth Monitoring: Telehealth technology allows us to monitor your health conditions when our staff is not present. If your home healthcare plan indicates the use of telehealth, we will set up a monitor in your home to track vital signs such as blood pressure, heart rate, and weight.
Insurance and Payment
We work with Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, worker’s compensation, and many private insurance plans. Most insurance providers have medical and eligibility requirements you must meet before payment for services is authorized.
Our staff verifies your eligibility and will help you understand your plan’s benefits. At or before the time of admission, we will inform you about anticipated charges and payment methods.
Patients who do not have adequate health insurance coverage may qualify for financial assistance. This assistance is made possible through the United Way Organizations of Lancaster and Chester Counties, as well as by individual and corporate donors.
To find out if we participate with your specific health insurance or plan, please contact Intake Services at 717-544-2195 or 888-290-2195.
Penn Medicine Home Health Services
1811 Olde Homestead Lane
Lancaster, PA 17601
New referrals: 717-544-2195
New referrals fax: 717-397-8480