At Lancaster General Health, we offer patients and families facing Alzheimer's disease and other memory disorders a centralized resource for diagnosis, treatment and support. Physicians and nursing staff with expertise in neurology, geriatric medicine and neuropsychology collaborate to address each patient’s unique needs.
Comprehensive Evaluation and Treatment
Memory loss may be caused by many factors including age, conditions like thyroid disease and sleep disorders, as well as Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and other neurological disorders.
Our comprehensive evaluation helps determine the cause of your memory loss in order to address problems as early as possible. The evaluation includes a detailed medical and social history, along with memory and cognitive tests.
Afterwards, you and your family meet with our memory care team to review the results and treatment options, which might include:
- Mental exercises and activities
- Ongoing support from our trained professionals
- Cognitive rehabilitation, including occupational and speech therapy
- We offer a number of support groups that are open to the public. Please call 717-544-3539 for more details and specific locations.
- Memory Loss Support Group: Visit our Classes & Events page and search for "memory loss."
- Caregiver Support Group: Meets the 2nd Monday of each month from 7 - 8:30 pm.
- Early Stage Support Group Class: A six-week educational and supportive class for patients and caregivers.
- Moderate Stage Support Group Class: A four-week educational and supportive class for patients and caregivers.
- Lewy Body Support Group: Meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 6 - 7:30 pm.
- Memory Cafe: Meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 4 - 5:30 pm.