The Lancaster General Health Orthopedic Center, located at Lancaster General Hospital, is a nationally recognized orthopedic program that is dedicated exclusively to orthopedic care. More than 5,000 inpatient and outpatient (same day) surgeries and procedures are performed at the Orthopedic Center each year, from total joint replacements to hand and wrist procedures. We work with you and your orthopedic surgeon—before, during and after your surgery—to create a comfortable experience and the fastest, safest recovery possible.
Most orthopedic surgeons in the Lancaster area have surgical privileges at the Orthopedic Center at Lancaster General Hospital.
Nationally Recognized for Exceptional Orthopedic Care
Our center is dedicated exclusively for orthopedic procedures.
Lancaster General Hospital
555 N. Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
Take a Tour: Joint Replacement Experience
Take a virtual tour to get an in-depth look at the process of having a joint replacement procedure at the Orthopedic Center at Lancaster General Hospital.
A Unique Center Devoted Exclusively to Orthopedic Care
The Orthopedic Center was designed to make your surgery experience as stress-free as possible and set you up for a successful recovery:
- Dedicated unit exclusively for orthopedic patients and families, including waiting areas and consult rooms, operating suites, private patient rooms, and a comprehensive orthopedic therapy gym
- Dedicated staff, passionate about orthopedics, and specially trained to care for you every step of the way
- Advanced technology and the latest procedures for your surgery, pain management and recovery
- Holistic treatments like Reiki, massage, music therapy and aromatherapy to enhance healing
- Free joint replacement class to help to prepare for surgery and recovery
- Optional home visit to ensure your safety during recovery
- Most orthopedic surgeons in the Lancaster area have surgical privileges at the Orthopedic Center at Lancaster General Hospital
Types of Procedures: Both Inpatient and Outpatient (Same Day)
A wide variety of surgeries and procedures using the latest technology are performed at the Orthopedic Center, including:
- Arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery of the shoulder, hip or knee
- Arthritis treatment
- Fracture care
- Hand, wrist, elbow
- Joint replacement (hip, knee, shoulder, ankle)
- Ligament reconstruction
- Nerve injury
- Orthopedic oncology surgeries
- Sports-related orthopedic procedures
Both inpatient and outpatient (same day) surgeries are performed at our center.
Nationally Recognized Care
The Orthopedic Center at Lancaster General Hospital consistently ranks among the best orthopedic programs in the country. More than 5,000 procedures are performed each year, the most of any hospital in the Penn Medicine system.
In This Section...
Our dedicated team focused on your success: before, during and after orthopedic surgery.
Our collaborative team approach to orthopedic surgery focuses on providing our patients with an exceptional experience and a fast recovery.
Designating a family member or friend to act as your “coach” can help to provide support during your surgical experience.