During the COVID-19 pandemic, visitation to the Seraph-McSparren Pediatric Inpatient Center is limited to one healthy parent/caregiver, entering the facility one time per day. All staff and visitors are required to wear face masks. We are vigorously cleaning based on CDC guidelines and are allowing only one child at a time in common areas, with extensive cleaning between uses. Patients and parents will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and temperature prior to admission. We thank you for your cooperation.
Our new, state-of-the-art Seraph-McSparren Pediatric Inpatient Center is the only pediatric center in Lancaster staffed by doctors from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia—ranked No. 2 in the nation—and a team of pediatric-certified nurses. Made possible through generous donor support, the center is truly an investment in the community by the community.
Seraph-McSparren Pediatric Inpatient Center
Larger facilities, an expanded scope of pediatric services, and an ongoing partnership with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia enable us to treat even more children close to home.
Our experienced and dedicated staff is specially trained to treat the needs of children from infants up to age 17. We are proud to partner with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), consistently ranked as one of the top children’s hospitals in the United States, to ensure that children in our community receive the highest quality care. Our affiliation with CHOP provides us access to pediatric expertise across a wide range of specialties and enables us to respond quickly if more complex care is needed.
- Board-certified CHOP hospitalists in our community provide 24/7 inpatient care and coordinate with your child’s primary care doctor. A hospitalist is a doctor who cares exclusively for patients in the hospital setting
- All of our registered nurses have pediatric certification, an additional level of specialized education
- If your child requires a more advanced level of care, our team will coordinate with CHOP’s main hospital or any of their CHOP Specialty Care Centers, and provide guidance and support at every step
Enhanced Patient Experience
Our beautiful pediatric inpatient facility spans the entire 4th floor of the Frederick Building at Lancaster General Hospital. We care for babies, children and teens to age 17 in a family-centered environment where every detail supports comfort and healing.
- Large, all-private rooms with sleeping accommodations for family, flat-screen TVs, and bedside tablet computers
- Expanded family lounge, private meditation room, and activity zones for children and teens
- Amenities that allow families to stay close to their children and care teams, including kitchen, shower and laundry facilities, dedicated workspace, and free WiFi
- The Ronald McDonald Hospitality Kiosk, offering nourishing snacks, personal care items, small activities and respite for families
- Technology for education, entertainment and support including a programmable robot, virtual reality headset, and interactive wall features
Child Life Program
Child Life Specialists help children and teens stay calm through the stress and uncertainty of illness and hospitalization. They give emotional support, prepare children for procedures through therapeutic play, answer questions using language they understand, offer distractions, and teach coping techniques to reduce anxiety and restore a child’s sense of control. Watch our video to learn more.
Our Child Life program is sustained through gifts from our community. Your gift to pediatric care will support this vital program that helps children cope with the stress and uncertainty of illness and hospitalization—and patient and family care. Make a gift.
Donations of new toys, games and art supplies are also appreciated. Please call Child Life at 717-544-8673 for more information or to make arrangements to drop off items.