Surgeons at Lancaster General Health offer a wide range of general surgical procedures for adult and pediatric patients.
General surgery services focus on the abdominal/intestinal region, including the stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts, thyroid gland, skin, and soft tissues.
When appropriate, we perform minimally invasive laparoscopic, robotic or endovascular procedures, which use smaller incisions and a video camera. Laparoscopic and robotic procedures, including the da Vinci® Surgical System, usually result in less pain and faster recovery than traditional open surgery.
- Hernia—including abdominal (groin), umbilical (belly button) and hernias related to previous surgical incisions.
- Gastrointestinal disorders—including appendicitis; cholecystitis, or gallbladder infection; diverticulitis, or infection in the colon, or large intestine; intestinal obstructions; cancers of the colon, rectum, stomach, small intestine or pancreas.
- Endocrine disorders of the thyroid, parathyroid or adrenal glands.
- Breast disease—including benign (noncancerous) diseases, including fibrocystic disease, fibroadenomas and breast cysts; breast cancer, including partial mastectomy (lumpectomy), mastectomy and needle biopsies.
- Vascular venous and arterial disease, including varicose veins, aneurysm and arterial insufficiency.