Preparing your device
Test Your Device 24 Hours Before Your Appointment.
- When opening the myPennMedicine app for the first time, your device will request permission for “myPennMed” to access your Camera and Microphone. To avoid complications with your video visit, be sure to press “OK.”
- In the myPennMedicine app, go to “Appointments” and press “Test Video” to verify your device supports video visits. If you can’t find the appointment, contact your provider’s office to confirm your video visit has been scheduled.
- When the test video has successfully completed, you will see the “You’re all set!” message.
- If you receive an error, try the following:
- Find myPennMedicine in your smart phone or mobile device’s app store and make sure you have the latest version.
- Verify that your smart phone or mobile device’s operating system is up to date.
- If you are still having trouble or unable to log into myPennMedicine on your mobile device, contact the myPennMedicine support desk at 866.614.7606.
- If you receive an error or are unable to verify that your smart phone or mobile device supports video visits, contact your provider’s office to discuss other appointment options.
Before your appointment
- You must go to myPennMedicine and complete the pre-check in process one to four days before your video visit. You can access this from your appointment within myPennMedicine. It will ask you to verify and update your address, medications and allergies.
Day of your appointment
- Select a quiet, private, well-lit location for your video visit.
- Make sure the location has a strong Wi-Fi signal (Please be aware that if you use mobile data, phone carrier charges may apply).
- Make sure mobile device is fully charged.
- Please make sure you are online and available 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
If you have connection problems during your visit, your provider will attempt to call you by phone.