Chemical Eye Peels Can Safely Brighten Your Eye Area
Are you tired of dark, puffy, under-eye circles that actually make you look tired? Eye peels are now available that can brighten your eye area and help you look and feel your best!
New Chemical Peels Are Safe for the Eye Area
You may have heard of chemical peels. They are a great way to remove dead skin, plus brighten, tighten, and help with acne. Until recently, aestheticians had to stay away from the orbital region (around the eye) when using chemical peels.
But new eye peels are safe and effective at illuminating and smoothing the eye area. They help remove fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and brown spots. And best of all, the whole process only takes 15 minutes.
Ingredients in Eye Peels
Eye peels are comprised of a combination of small amounts of lactic acid (15%) and trichloroacetic acid (3.75%):
- Lactic acid exfoliates the skin, stimulates natural collagen production, and evens out your skin tone.
- Trichloroacetic acid increases collagen production and gives skin a more plump appearance, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, reducing visible dark spots and leaving your skin with a smoother feel.
A Look at the Process
A complete chemical peel treatment involves four 15-minute treatments spread out over four weeks. During each eye peel treatment, your aesthetician will:
- Cleanse your skin.
- Prepare your skin for the peel through a process called de-lipidation. This removes lipids (dirt and oil) so the peel penetrates into your skin.
- Apply the peel.
- Neutralize your skin by applying a solution to stop the peel from working.
- Apply natural moisturizers containing hyaluronic acid and antioxidants to moisturize and sooth your skin.
- Apply sunscreen to protect your skin from UVA/UVB rays. You will also want to wear sunglasses and a hat after your chemical peel to prevent your skin from burning.
Eye Peel Success
A look at the data points to the effectiveness of eye peel treatment:
- 93% of patients showed improvement on physician assessment
- 97% of patients showed improvement on their own self-assessment
LG Health Physicians Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery is one of a small group of medical providers in the Lancaster, PA area that offers this treatment. Schedule an appointment or learn more about this procedure by calling 717-291-1300.
Niki Lannigan, Medical Aesthetician, CLT
Niki Lannigan, Medical Aesthetician, CLT is a medical aesthetician and certified laser technician with LG Health Physicians Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery. She received her associate’s degree in marketing from York Technical Institute, and training at Lancaster School of Cosmetology. She is certified in microneedling with PRP, dermaplaning, microblading, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, tattoo removal, and CoolSculpting. She is also a make-up artist and a certified paramedical tattoo specialist able to provide cosmetic services to scars, lips, areolas and eyebrows. Niki is also certified in oncology esthetics, helping cancer patients take care of their skin.